Preliminary Scheduling Call
Once you’ve signed up to work with us, your resume writer will call you to schedule your 60-minute resume branding and strategy call.
- Your resume writer will ask for preliminary information to start their research prior to your 60-minute resume branding and strategy call. This includes your current or outdated resume, any positions of interest you’ve identified, review of your LinkedIn profile, and any additional information you want to forward prior to the call.
- Your resume writer will send you details on what to expect during the process, writing and revision deadlines, questions for you to reflect upon, and information for you to gather in order to have a successful resume branding and strategy call.
Your Consultation Appointment
We do our best to accommodate your schedule for consultations. We offer evening and weekend consultation appointments for clients who cannot speak with their resume writer during work hours. We want you to be happy and understand that from time-to-time emergencies do occur that may prevent you from keeping your scheduled consultation. Should you need to change your consultation time please let your writer know as soon as possible and we will reschedule your consult as quickly as possible. Rescheduling with less than 24 hours’ notice does incur a small $30 missed appointment fee to compensate the writer for the missed time.
Resume Branding and Strategy Call – 60 Minutes
During your resume branding and strategy call your resume writer will:
- Ask questions to clarify your brand, uncover your unique promise of value, and help to pinpoint target companies, positions, and industries.
- Your resume writer will ask questions in order to extract compelling stories, meaningful accomplishments, relevant experience, and specific keywords.
- Expect your writer to discuss your career history and future plans. We want to be sure that the vision and direction you want for your career comes across clearly.
Once the consultation is completed, your assigned writer will write your resume and any other career documents that you’ve ordered. Eric Uhland, our copyeditor, will proofread and edit the documents, and within 3-5 business days your resume writer will send you the documents for your review.
REVISION PROCEDURE – WE WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY!
- We want you to love and be confident in your new resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile and other career documents. We are happy to provide two rounds of revisions before finalizing your documents and will gladly make any revisions and changes you request.
- Revisions can be provided to your writer via phone call or email. We ask that you provide any revision requests to your writer within 7 days of receipt of your documents. Once we receive your revision requests we will incorporate the changes and send revised documents back for your review within 48 hours.
- Once you receive the revised resume and other documents, you will then be able to review them and provide your writer with a second and final round of revisions. We ask that you please provide any revision requests to your writer within 7 days of receipt of your revised documents.
- We’ll then incorporate any change requests and send back the completed documents for your final review and approval. We want you to be 100% satisfied with your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile and we work hard to ensure you’re confident with your new documents.
- We ask that any final revisions or edit requests be made within seven days of receipt of the final documents. Once your resume writer receives your final approval, you will be sent all of your career documents in their final file formats: Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF, and ATS-Optimized.
- If we haven’t heard from you within seven days we will send you all the final files so you can start your job search! Any further revisions or edits after this time will incur an hourly rate for updates.
We want to make the revision and editing process as easy for you as possible, while also ensuring your confidence and satisfaction.
Our mission is to provide you with a GREAT RESUME – FAST!
The final file for your resume is sent to you in three versions: Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF, and an ATS-Optimized version for use in online job searching.
The final files of your cover letter, LinkedIn profile, and any other career documents are sent to you in Microsoft Word.
Recruiter Distribution and Job Search Coaching
Need support getting yourself out into the job market or launching your job search? We can help with recruiter distribution or job search coaching.
- Recruiter Distribution – is a targeted email containing your resume and cover letter, sent individually to recruiters based on your location, position, industry, and salary range. It’s a great way to get yourself into the job market quickly.
- Job Search Coaching – Each client is offered a complimentary 30-minute job search session to discuss strategies for job searching effectively. Chelsea Kerwin, our certified job search coach also offers personalized coaching sessions tailored to your unique career path and job search goals. She coaches you on online job searching and hidden job market strategies to dramatically increase your response rate and interview requests. If you’re interested in exploring job search coaching, you can speak with Chelsea directly at 1.800.991.5187 or by emailing her at Chelsea@greatresumesfast.com.